Monday, June 01, 2009

Chatfield - Sunday, May 31, 2009

I shouldn't really call this a fishing report, since I didn't even take the rod outof the truck - but I scouted some different spots in the neighborhood, including Redstone Park and some other areas at Chatfield. I didn't see a whole heck of a lot honestly - besides a few hundred people with spinning rods sitting in lawn chairs (I can never understand how people can just sit there).

The flows/elevation were about the same as Saturday at 5,431.63 ft. They seem to be going up as we speak though. The bays should be perfect depth for the carp to start coming in - last year they were getting their grove on June 15, so we are close to that time. No grass growing in the bay yet, and not a lot of other plants poking up out of the water. Hopefully these plants start growing, because it makes it a lot easier to see the carp poking around in them. I can last another 2 weeks or so.

No comments: