Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday, August 13, 2006 Blue River, Silverthorne

Sunday, August 13, 2006 Blue River, Silverthorne
Beautiful morning, nice and sunny maybe 75 degrees. Water was gin clear and flows were 172 cfs.

Fished during the day with Chad while the girls and kids went to the outlets. Gave us 3 hours to fool around. Typical Blue adventure - sunny and slow fishing. Saw tons of fish. Hooked and landed two - one on my second cast, a small rainbow that hammered the new streamers I tied. Green was the color of choice. I moved up to a deeper pool and saw a beautifully colored rainbow that had a neon sign across its side - the coloring was amazing. I hooked a 12 inch brown in that hole on the dorsal fin on a mysis shrimp. The last hour or so was uneventful. I could see them and tried every pattern I had in size 24, but to no avail. It was nice to get out, but 3 hours was way too short.

No comments: