Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday, August 4, 2006 South Platte River, Cheesman Canyon

Friday, August 4, 2006 South Platte River, Cheesman Canyon
Night fishing - evening was nice and clear around 75 degrees. Water was clear - about 275 cfs.

My buddy Nate and I decided to fish Cheesman at night. He had heard about Chad and I fishing there and wanted to try it. We headed out late (6:30 pm) and didn't get to the parking lot until about 8 pm or so. Luckily it stays light out there. We hiked in and dropped straight into the family pool. The water was clear, but pretty high - higher than I had seen it in a while. The fish were taking off the top, but they were small.

We went right to chucking streamers. The night was uneventful, but we managed to catch 4 fish each. The largest was a skinny assed rainbow that was 18 inches, but skinny as hell.

I caught a nice brown on a smaller streamer that Nate's step-dad had tied. The small streamers seem to be the only thing that was working all night. We left around 11pm and were home by 12:30am. Not a bad night - I just wish we had more success.

No comments: