Saturday, October 02, 2010

Saturday, Oct 2, 2010 - Clear Creek

Fished Clear Creek today with my neighbor Tom. Fished under the bridge by Kermits from about 8:30 to 12:30. Nothing fancy, just big nymphs/midges. Caught about a half dozen each, all were browns, the smallest being 5 inches, and the largest about 12 inches. The fish were a little more picky than I remember. We could see a lot in the bridge pool, but couldn't hook them - we caught a couple, but not like every other cast.

The river scares me, truck tires, rebar, hub caps, rubber tires, deer carcasses, garbage. Yes, I said garbage. This is the same exact spot that Avi and I cleaned up last week and there was at least a garbage bag full of new trash just laying around. Sad. Depressing.

I forgot my camera, so no pics.

2 comments:

The Average Joe Fisherman said...

That's sad... all the trash and tires. Funny how fish survive though. I love the pic in the header of your blog. What a pig!

The Average Joe Fisherman
http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

The Sowbug said...

It's forgetting the memory card and the dead batteries that always sneak up on me.

The trash that Clear Creek Canyon sees is out of control. Manage to always haul away a 13 Gal. trash bag every trip. Just imagine what it would be like without fine fly fish-folk picking it up.