Thursday, January 08, 2009

Approaching a milestone!

What milestone? 100,000 miles on the Rodeo.

Yes, this is the first car I have kept longer than 2.5 years. This is my 5th car - 1994 Chevy Cavalier, 1996 Chevy Cavalier, 1999 Dodge Avenger, 2000 Ford Explorer and 2002 Isuzu Rodeo.

I have never had a car over 75,000 miles, so I am in uncharted territory. I hate being outside the warranty (well, WAY outside the warranty), but I really trust this truck (knock on wood because I probably just jinxed myself!). It takes a beating and keeps on moving. It isn't anything fancy, but has held up well and runs great.

She's a fine old girl!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brandon! I'm just about ready to turn 200,000 on my 1986 F-150 (it's old enough that I can tinker with it myself, no need for a warranty, but those newer cars are too complex under the hood). I like the new blog name. I haven't seen a fishing post for some time now. Too cold?

steff said...

1994 saturn has over 220k on it. My sister is now driving it but I get to maintain it still anyway.

My chevy has 137k on it. Besides maintanence and fixing the stuff that breaks it's still cheaper to keep your vehicle than car payments/depreciation/insurance of a new vehicle.

Brandon said...

Scott - yeah, haven't been out in forever. Focusing on the newborn - and then will work on mods for the camper. I'll post all my mods here so everyone can see.

Steff - I love this truck and will keep it forever - but having the newer 4Runner makes me want a nicer smoother sweeter ride. Is that fire out yet? Stay safe man.