Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What's been new....

Well, I have some time to blow off here at work and wanted to write down some thoughts.

The last year and a half have been absolutely amazing to me - so good that I've been playing the lottery thinking I have a good shot at it!

October 2004 - the Red Sox beat the Yankees and Cardinals to win their first World Series in 86 years. They did this is amazing fashion - coming back from an 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees and then sweeping teh Cards - that has never been done before - ever.

December 2004 - we finally get pregnant - I won't get into the details, but it took 11 months of trying.

December 2004 - we sell our condo and buy a house. Its an amazing house - and the condo was a pain in the ass to sell - finally.

December 2004 - I catch my first bonefish in Cozumel - an amazing experience.

April 2005 - first trip to the Bighorn River in MT - an amazing experience. Some of the best fishing of my life.

June 2005 - I finish my basement - my Red Sox (and now Steelers) shrine adds a bedroom, full bath and huge TV room to my house.

August 2005 - Avelyn Jade Edwards is born - in perfect health, and mom is perfect too.

January 2006 - Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos - I go to the game, and watch the Steelers roll over the Broncos. Best part about it is that I will never have to listen to Bronco fans again.

February 2006 - Pittsburgh Steelers win the SB (honestly it hasn't sunk in yet) - and they do it in amazing fashion - winning 4 games on the road as a 6th wildcard seed.

I've been pretty blessed in the last 1.5 years or so. I'm hoping to continue this string of luck in the coming years.

In about a month the Red Sox start spring training - of which I am excited. The 6 weeks between Super Bowl and Opening Day Baseball are the most boring times of year. Of course we still have March Madness in between.

I have compiled a list of several places I want to fish this season - this will be a hard list to achieve with a new baby and my best fishing buddy about to have his 2nd - having the camper and a wife that likes to camp I may get lucky with some of these):

Bighorn River (in April)
RMNP (in summer)
Fryingpan/Roaring Fork
Williams Fork
Gunnison (in June)
Grey Reef (I'm dreamin')
Colorado float (Pump House to Radium)
Eleven Mile Canyon (probably during run-off)

I'm hoping to do a Yellowstone trip in the next 2 or 3 years. That is quite a hike for the family, but I know it will be a good one. I'd like to get up to the Cody, WY area and fish those parts too - I hear that there are some amazing water up there.

That's all from me. I'm going to try and post a little more often in this thing as time progresses - of course some of it might be Red Sox related - but oh well.

No comments: