Thursday, July 28, 2022

Winter Park - small river fishing - July 28, 2022

 Fished a creek in WP while Z mountain biked Trestle again.  Water was way down - but still a little high.  Fish were tough to catch - they weren't slamming the Amys Ant very consistently - so I traded it for a huge hopper.  Which provoked a few more hilarious strikes - but not many hook ups.  Did land a few - all were on the dropper.  Colored up male brookies were very cool.

Had a close call on the river.  A moose came running down the bank - with only some bushed between us.  He/she didn't see me (couldn't hear me over the rushing water either), but I know he could sense something was close by.  He was maybe 15 feet away.  I started yelling to him to chill out - and he turned around and saw me - stood there for about 15 seconds staring at me - then ran off the opposite way.  Shook me a little as I haven't been that close to one in an area I couldn't run off and hide or get behind something.

On the way back to WP I saw a momma and a baby on the road - got a good pic of them as well.







No comments: