Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Pumphouse - Colorado River - July 27, 2022

 I don't think I'm hotspotting anything that is closed after 12pm - but I camped overnight and fished the Colorado River at Pumphouse today.  No one else was respecting the Voluntary Closure of the Colorado as the first 9 rafts off were guides after 9am - no way they were making it to Radium in three hours (or maybe they were).

Very tough fishing - nothing until 8:30am and it was a dink.  At around 9 I had to return to the truck and tear off my waders and wet waded the rest of the day (until noon).

I did manage one nive rainbow about 15 inches and a nice brown at about 15 inches, both on ....a small orange egg.  That was my last resort - they were not hitting anything else.

I'm glad I got out - even if the fishing was slow.  Off to Granby and Grand Lake for vacation with the family.  




No comments: